The course will be held at the CTDUT facility adjacent to Petrobas' Duque de Caxias refinery, near Rio de Janeiro, and will make use of the 14 inch, 120 m long, water and nitrogen/air-driven test loop at the site.
Over the five-day course, participants will typically participate in up to nine different runs of various tools.
The syllabus includes both hands-on exercises using the test loop, as well as classroom instruction, and full documentation. The content of the course has been developed jointly by Penspen, PipeWay, Clarion, and Tiratsoo Technical (a division of Great Southern Press).
PipeWay, through its Rio de Janeiro office, has agreed to provide cleaning, geometry, and intelligent tools for use during the course, along with its expert technicians.Article continues below…
Among subjects that the syllabus will cover are:
- Pig trap doors: design, operation
- Types of utility tool
- Types of intelligent tool
- Launch/receive trap design
- Launching and receiving utility and intelligent tools
- How to assess a tool’s performance
- Signalling and pig location
- Locating and reporting sample defects
- Site safety: procedures and performance.