Rosen hosts EPRG triannual plenary meeting
Rosen Group has hosted the European Pipeline Research Group’s (EPRG) triannual plenary meeting at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland.
A diverse group, comprising members of 26 companies, met to discuss a number of topics, including membership, roles and responsibilities, approving budgets, and selecting research programs with the aim creating successful outcomes and benefitting the industry.
The EPRG’s activities are coordinated through three technical committees: materials, corrosion and design.
The main focus of recent and ongoing research activities is to provide understanding, guidance and engineering application methods in the areas of these committees, listed below.
- measurement and specification of the strength and deformation properties of welded pipes and fittings for onshore and offshore applications
- measurement, specification and control of fracture initiation and propagation in pipeline components
- pipes and fittings that combine improved combinations of strength, toughness and weldability with economically attractive prices.
- selection and application of pipe steels to achieve satisfactory resistance to internal corrosion by the contained products
- properties and performance of corrosion-resistant external coatings for pipelines
- avoidance of environmentally-assisted in-service degradation and crack development.
- assessment of weld defects and establishment of acceptance standards
- tolerance and resistance of pipelines to damage resulting from external mechanical interference
- accommodation of cyclic pressure loading, and the assessment of defect growth due to fatigue, during pipeline operation
- continued safe use of older pipelines, constructed in accordance with previous-generation specifications and standards.
If you have news you would like featured in Pipelines International contact Journalist Chloe Jenkins at email@example.com